Hairdressing and Barbering NVQ1
This is a 2-month programme, part-time course that will be taught one day a week in the academy and one day a week at home.
- Advise and consult with clients
- prepare for hair service and maintain work areas.
- contribute to the development of effective working relationships.
- blow dry hair
Provide products (Shampoo. mask, hair colour, bleach etc)
- assist with hair colouring and lightening services.
- plait and twist hair using basic techniques
- Follow Health and Safety practice in the salon
- Promote additional service or products to customers.
The course will be internally and externally assessed using a variety of assessment methods including developing a portfolio of evidence and multiple-choice questions.
This qualification is based on the national occupational standards for hairdressing and it will be packed with all the exciting practical skills and knowledge you require to learn how to cut, colour and style hair. You will be provided with a personal Tutor who will take you through your learning journey.
On completion of your level 1 you will have the opportunity to progress through to your level 2 where you will learn a range of new skills.
DURATION: 8 weeks
All students are required to purchase a uniform and kit costing between £120-£250